Implementing and Administering Cisco
Cisco certification training will be normally changed from Feb. 24, 2020. There will no longer be many different CCNA exams and certifications – only a single, comprehensive exam will be available. The new exam’s code is 200-301 CCNA and its full name is Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies.
According to Cisco, the new exam “covers a broad range of fundamentals based on the latest technologies, software development skills, and job roles“.
Under the current CCNA certification program, there are multiple concentration exams for different learning paths. However, under the new rules, the following certifications will all be replaced by the new CCNA:
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Industrial
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA Wireless
- CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate)
So, the specialization at the CCNA level is going away – you will now choose your specialization at the CCNP level.
Now you can take training in Multan .
About the new ccna exam
200-301 is a single exam, consisting of 120 questions. It covers a wide range of topics, such as routing and switching, security, wireless networking, and even some programming concepts. As with other Cisco certifications, you can take it at any of the Pearson VUE certification centers.
About the new curriculum
The modules comprised in the new CCNA curirculum are:
- Network Fundamentals – routers, switches, cabling, TCP and UDP, IPv4 and IPv6
- IP Connectivity – IP routing, OSPFv2
- IP Services – NTP, DCHP, QoS, SNMP
- Security Fundamentals – VPNs, wireless security, port security
- Network Access – VLANs and trunking, EtherChannel
- Automation and Programmability – REST APIs, Puppet, Chef, JSON, SDN
The following topics have been removed from the new CCNA curriculum:
- Network fundamentals – OSI model
- LAN Switching – Frame, VTP, Switch stack
- Routing – EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPFv3, Inter-VLAN routing
- WAN – PPP, MLPPP, PPPoE, GRE, BGP, WAN access
You can download the new exam topics here. Added topics are in bold.
Prerequisites for 200-301
There is no formal requirements for taking the new exam. However, these are the recommendations from Cisco:
- have an understanding of all exam topics
- one or more years of experience with computer networking and Cisco equipment
- good grasps of network fundamentals
The recommended training program that can be taken at a Cisco academy is called Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). The successful completition of a training course will get you a training badge.
Exam price of New CCNA
There is currently no pricing available for 200-301. However, according to Cisco official document, the total cost to achieve certification has been reduced.