|Product or Functional Component||Recommended Release|
|VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x||VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2.2
|VMware vSphere 5.5.x/6.0.x||VMware vSphere 5.5 U3/6.0 Update 2
Note: There is a known issue with vSphere 6.0 and NSX objects. For more information, see Duplicate VTEPs in ESXi hosts after rebooting vCenter Server (2144605).
|Guest Introspection Driver||
VMware Tools 5.1 Patch 07 and later
VMware Tools 5.5 Patch 05 and later
VMware Tools 6.0 Patch 01 and later
VMware Tools 10.0.8 and later
Note: There is a known issue with VMware Tools 10.0.7 version and earlier. This issue is fixed in VMware Tools 10.0.8.
- These fixes include the same customer-reported issues resolved in VMware NSX for vSphere 6.1.6. For more information, see the Resolved Issues section in the NSX for vSphere 6.1.6 Release Notes.
- VMware NSX for vSphere 6.1.x release train is scheduled for end of support in January 2017. For more information, see VMware Product Lifecycle Matrix.
- The VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2.2 release delivers a security patch to address CVE-2015-7547, also known as the glibc vulnerability. This release also includes bug fixes documented in the Known Issues section in the NSX for vSphere 6.2.2 Release Notes.
Critical Fixes in VMware vSphere 6.0 Update 2 for NSX for vSphere 6.x
- Critical EAM and esxupdate fixes to address the issue. For more information, see Network connectivity issues after upgrading or repreparing ESXi hosts in a VMware NSX/VCNS environment (2107951).
- New esxupdate error code with An immediate reboot is required to clear live vib installation failure is reported when there is a live VIB installation failure caused by jumpstart plugins, rc scripts or init.d scripts. The system then is recovered to the state before the failed transaction. In addition, EAM returns this error code to NSX. For more information, see Installed Live VIB might not function properly and be lost after a reboot section in the VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Release Notes.
<errorDesc>Live vib installation failed. An immediate reboot is required to clear live vib installation failure.</errorDesc>
<msg>Error in running [‘/etc/init.d/initd_test’, ‘start’, ‘install’]:
Return code: 1
Output: Starting :
It is not safe to continue. Please reboot the host immediately to discard the unfinished update.</msg>
- On newly prepared for NSX hosts, ESX Agent Manager (EAM) accurately reports a partial installation status of the live NSX for vSphere VIBs to NSX Manager for display in the Host Preparation tab. On a failure, the live VIB is not reported as installed.
- If the vSphere host is not rebooted, installing other VIBs does not carry the failed live NSX VIB to the alt-bootbank.
- Support available to increase or decrease the vSphere ESX Agent Manager’s (EAM) logging levels dynamically without restarting EAM. For more information, see Troubleshooting vSphere ESX Agent Manager (EAM) with NSX (2122392).