Stratford’s PC Repair course is ideal for individuals looking to learn more about how to repair a home computer, as well as those interested in working in the field of PC repair.
Computers are a part of every day life. Having a better understanding of how to properly maintain and repair them could surely keep you ahead at home and in the workforce.
Let Stratford help you get started with this fundamental course that covers everything from memory and hard drives to the internet and networking.
Understanding the Personal Computer
• Evolution of Software
• Installing a New Computer
• Hardware Components
• Function of the CPU
• Memory, Input, Output, and Storage Devices
• Operating Systems
• Internet and Online Services
• Troubleshooting PC Problems and Errors
An Introduction to Upgrading and Repairing PCs
• PC Components, Features, and System Design
• Microprocessor Types and Specifications
• Microprocessors from 1971 to the Present
• Processor Specifications, Features, Manufacturing, Socket and Slot
• CPU Operating Voltages
• Overclocking and Cooling
• Math Coprocessors (Floating-point Units)
• Processor Generations and Multicore Processors
• Processor Upgrades and Troubleshooting Techniques
• Motherboards, Chipsets, and Buses
• System Bus Types, Functions, and Features
• System Resources
• Resolving Resource Conflicts
• Motherboard Selection Criteria
BIOS and Memory
• BIOS Hardware/Software
• Motherboard ROM BIOS
• Upgrading the BIOS
• Preboot Environment
• BIOS/MBR Error Messages
• SDRAM, RDRAM, and other types of Memory
• Memory Banks and Memory Module Speed
• Parity Checking and Error-correcting Code (ECC)
• Installing RAM Upgrades, DIMM, RIMM, and SIMM Modules
• Troubleshooting Memory
• Memory Defect Isolation Procedures
• The System Logical Memory Layout
Hard Disk Drives, Flash and Optical Storage
• The ATA/IDE Interface
• Magnetic Storage Principles
• Hard Disk Storage
• Hard Disk Drive Operation
• Hard Disk Drive Components and Features
• Flash Memory Devices
• Floppy Disk Drives and Tape Drives
• Optical Storage
• CDs, DVDs, HD-DVDs
• Optical Drive Performance Specifications
• How to Reliably Record Optical Discs
• Troubleshooting Optical Drives
Video and Audio
• Display Adapters and Monitors
• Video Display Adapters
• Video Display Interfaces
• 3D Graphics Accelerators
• Using Multiple Monitors
• Video Troubleshooting and Maintenance
• Audio Hardware Concepts and Terms
• Early PC Sound Cards
• Audio Hardware Features
• Motherboard Chipsets with Integrated Audio
• Troubleshooting PC Audio Problems
• Speakers and Microphones
• External I/O Interfaces
Internet and Networking
• Input Devices
• Internet Connectivity
• Securing and Sharing Your Internet Connection
• Local Area Networking
• Network Protocols
• Power Supplies, Troubleshooting, and Repair
• Building or Upgrading Systems
• PC Diagnostics, Testing, and Maintenance
This educational program is an introductory course designed to help students gain knowledge necessary for the vocational application of this subject. Completion of this program does not fulfill the legal requirements of particular state licenses or certifications, which may require additional training or apprenticeships.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date accounting course textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the accounting course material is presented may vary.
Mobile Repairing Course Syllabus
1. Introduction to Mobile Phone.
2. Basic Electronics :-
g. Inductor / Coil
i. Integrated Circuit
j. Speaker / Ringer
l. Vibrate Motor
o. Power Switch
q. Using Multitmeter
r. Real Time Clock and Quartz Crystal
3. Construction of Battery Booster, Charger and its uses.
4. Assembling and Disassembly of Mobile Phone.
1. Basic and Special Components of Mobile Phone.
2. Checking the Basic Component of Mobile Phone and its Faults.
3. Technique of Soldering and using SMD Rework Station.
4. Water Damage and Washing of Mobile Phone with CTC.
1. Introduction to SMD Components.
2. Testing of SMD components.
3. BGA IC Reballing and Installing.
4. Installing and Removing Connector, Display flex, Folding and Sliding Handset
5. Circuit Tracing of Different Section of Mobile Phone.
a. Charging Section
b. Network Section
c. Keypad Section
d. Display Section
e. Speaker and Ringer Section
f. Blue Tooth Section
g. Infra red Section
h. Light Section
i. Mic Section
6. Different Models and Series of Nokia Mobile and their differences.
7. Different ICs and its Uses.
8. Checking Shorting and Technique to Remove.
9. Hot and Cold Testing.
10. Voltage Tracing and different volts used in Mobile Phone.
11. Jumpers and its Technique.
12. Dead set Repairing.
13. Fault Findings.
1. Basic Parts of Computer and their uses.
2. Making Ringtone, Sing tone, Editing Video Clip.
3. Downloading through Blue tooth, Data cable, and Card reader.
4. How Mobile Phone Work.
5. Flashing and its Related Faults.
6. Different Types of Flasher Box.
7. Flashing and Formatting through UFS HWK Flasher Box , SPIDERMAN BOX.
8. Knowledge about IMEI, IMSI, ESN, PIN, PUK, MTSO, SECURITY LOCK, DEFAULT CODES OF
SECTION – A
Basic Laptop Repair Training Course
You’ll discover how to troubleshoot & repair ??
- Dead Systems
- No display
- Dim display
- Freezing System
- System getting hung
- Keyboard control section problem
- Memory control section problem
- Audio not working
- USB port not working
- Serial port not working
- Ps2 port not working
- CD Drive control section problem
- Hard disk control section problem
- Battery not charging
- D C pin problem
- Soldering & Desoldering of Motherboard Ics, Transistors, Dieode, Fuse, Capasitors, VGA Chips ETC….
The Best Way To Take A Laptop Apart
- Laptop Motherboards
- Solving Laptop Power Problems
- How To Handle Liquid Problems Like Spilling water In Your Laptop
- Handling Laptop Keyboard Issues
- How You Deal With Overheating Laptops
- Fixing Keyboard Problems
- Fixing Touchpad Problems
- Replacing Broken Laptop Screens
- Replacing Memory/Data Components
How To Fit/Install Laptop Hard Drives
- What you need to know about hard drive installation.
- Example Hard Drives.
- How To Partition & Format the New Hard Drive.
- Special instructions for notebook computers made prior to 1998.
- By-passing the BIOS Password.
- What to do if You Can’t Boot The System.
- Laptop BIOS Settings.
- What to do if you can’t remember your BIOS password.
- and you need to get into the BIOS.
- A comprehensive FAQ section.
Using our laptop repair guides, you’ll have the knowledge to
- Identify ALL the parts in a Laptop.
- Fit laptop screens.
- Fit laptop keyboards.
- Fit memory into ANY laptop.
- Fit hard drives into ANY laptop.
- Clean a laptop keyboard to an ‘as new’ condition. This little-known technique can make you a ton of money alone.
- How and where to buy laptops cheaply and sell them for a healthy profit.
- Which laptops to buy and which to stay away from.
Laptop Exploding Diagrams
This part contains diagrams and the part numbers. You’ll use this to see where the parts fit together. Other than physically taking a laptop apart, this is the only way to see how the bits and pieces fit together. There are other information sections including pictures of components and the specifications of laptops. This is useful knowledge to have as you’ll know exactly what’s in a laptop before buying or repairing a particular model. Where else can you find all this information? The answer is?.. nowhere!
Consider these advantages of becoming a laptop repair specialist…
- All your income is earned from home.
- Can be run by anyone.
- Free ongoing help.
- Market and expanding every day.
- Recession proof.
- Part-time for full-time money.
- You can be employed.
- You can be unemployed.
- Want to escape the 9 – 5 grind.
Look! These are the minimum charges
- Selling just ONE laptop per week will make $200 per week.
- Fitting ONE keyboard into a laptop will make $45.
- Installing memory into a laptop will make $45.
- Fitting a hard drive will make $45.
- Installing Windows to a new hard drive will make an additional $45.
SECTION – B
Advance chip-level Laptop Motherboard repair
Laptop Motherboard Chip Level Training Course Content
Basic electronics, Laptop and Desktop motherboard chip level course, ;Analog Digital,Block Diagram, Basic Problems, Circuit diagram, Repairing Steps of ac adapter, battery, Lcd inverter, Hard drive, ram, keyboard, touchpad, cd dvd
IC Chip Soldering & Desoldering
- Latest Chip Level Tools & Gadgets
- Basic Electronics Soldering & Desoldering Guide
- How to Solder
- SMD Soldering Guide
- Surface Mount Soldering Tutorials
- Getting IC chip X onto board Y
- Trying to reworking with an iron
- Wonderful hot-air rework
- Green wire fixes
- Sneaky tricks for soldering leadless ICs
- Video examples
- How does hot air rework actually work?
Motherboard Ic Chip Components
- block diagram, how it function,& basic problems ,circuit diagram,& repairing steps
- Motherboard Component Overview
- Steps to Troubleshooting Laptop Motherboard Problems
- Common Problem Of Different Motherboards
- How to fix G4 Aple ibook motherboard with chip problem
- Fixing dead motherboard power problem
- Fault Finding Using Osciloscope
- The Bios chip,Laptop BIOS Recovery
- Different Ways of Removing Toshiba Bios Password
- Bios Flashing & Update
- Power Fuse Chip
- 5 Steps to Hacking Dell D600 Bios Password
- How To Fix Failed Nvidia Chip
- How I installed external Bluetooth adapter inside a laptop
- How to test a laptop or a desktop computer memory
- Fixing hardware problems without taking apart the Laptop
- Laptop Lcd Image see what goes on behind the Screen
- 10 steps to Fix Laptop VGA problem
- Bypassing Windows 7 Logon Password In 3 Steps
- Everything You Need to Know About The Motherboard Voltage Regulator Circuit
- How to Break Laptop Admin Password, Hack! Bios cmos Clear
- Ic rebolling, Bga Rebolling, Bga Arrangement, Bga rework video problem
- Hard Disk = Upgrade, Repair,Data recovery, Disassemble a Hard Disk Drive
- Transistor / Mosfet tutorial
- Diodes in circuits and testing them
- Chipset Mainboard Desoldering & Soldering
- How To Use A Multimeter
Connector Socket Basic problems ,circuit diagram,& repairing steps
- Ac Adapter
- Battery ic
- Sound = Soldering tiny sound ic chips in a Laptop motherboard
- Wifi Card = Soldering wireless card in an old Laptop motherboard
- Use Of Debug Card Post Error & Code
- DC Jack/Fuse Replacement
- Power IC Replacement
- Controller IC Replacement
- Replacing bad IC components on the motherboard
- BGA Rework Reflow (Northbridge / Southbridge / Graphics Chips)
- Connector Socket(display, battery, dvdrom, modem, keypad, touchpad, onoff panel etc)
Motherboard Overview: Main Signals of Motherboard And How motherboards Work with Different ic
- Define different Laptop problems
- Common Laptop Notebook Chip
- POWER SUPPLY CHIP
- IO CHIP
- CPU power supply chips
- Charge discharge control chip
- CPU temperature control chip
- Graphics Brand
- Ethernet chips
- Sound audio Chip
- PC Card Chip
- COM port chip
- Keyboard chip
- Battery IC :
- Memory control chip
- Clock IC :
- lcd back light control
- Ddr memory power supply
- Other Common chipset
- Mosfets Used
- Crystal (14.318 Clock )
- Connector Socket(display, battery, dvdrom, modem, keypad, touchpad, onoff panel etc)
- Fault finding and troubleshooting of motherboards
- Tracing different connectors and socket with related component and chip
- Testing and using of different components
- Dc to dc power regulator sections
- Power supply to different chips vcc core, 5vsus, +1.5v, 1.8vsus, 5v, 10v, 2.5v
- Cpu core voltage, vid signals, vrm section, mosfet of vrm
- Clock generation circuits
- Bois chips section, rtc chip
- Power good , reset,frame, clock, bios signals
- Fault finding and troubleshooting.
- How to read different component datasheet.
- Basic cleaning and washing method of motherborad
- Smd component pratice removal and inserting different components
- Training using cro osciloscope
- Finding fault using cro osciloscope
- Use of debug card post error code
- Finding fault using post debug card
- Training using eeprom programmer
- Bios update using eeprom programmer
- Training using bga soldering station
- Removing bga chips and rebolling it using reball stencil
- Ics rebolling, bga ball arrangement, pratice
- Training using solder batch
- Removing socket & connectors using solder bath
- Bios password, ibm, dell password removing steps
- Searching data sheets of different ics
- Common problems of different motherboards—–
- Student bonus package
- Service Manuals of different Laptop
- Schematic diagram of motheboards , Bios update files, Datasheet etc
- Online support for 1 year
- Ics list and used of different Ics with models list
- Free upgrades for the first one year